WHAT IS CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is the growing practice in which businesses participate in initiatives that benefit society. Here at Project Helping, we believe it is vital to better the communities where we live and work. We are thrilled that Corporate Social Responsibility is becoming more mainstream, but we hope to help it become the norm. Forward-thinking companies are deploying their resources – people and profits – to create shared values for business and society, and the results are well worth the investment.
WHY DOES IT MATTER
The secret to growing your business, brand, or sales is elusive. Is it a strong loyalty program? Or maybe a personalized, mobile-friendly website. We’re here to tell you that, while these things do matter, there’s something that matters more. Something that appeals to everyone, and affects not only your business, but community.
That thing is using your profits and your people to do good in the world. Corporate Social Responsibility isn’t just important for society, but it is imperative to business success. Communities are grappling with substantial problems that are global in scale and have local impact.
As consumers become more aware of social issues, they also become more aware of the companies who have strong CSR Programs. Participating in Corporate Social Responsibility isn’t just good for business, it’s an investment in the lives of everyone you can benefit – and the limits of that are endless.
IT'S NOT JUST FOR CONSUMERS
Consumers aren’t the only ones drawn to business with a strong Corporate Social Responsibility program. A company’s social impact is a big factor in how today’s top talent choose their employers.
- Graduates are willing to sacrifice an average of 14.4% of their expected salaries to work at socially responsible companies.
- 88% of millennial believe that business should be proactively addressing social concerns.
CSR programs not only benefit the community, they add value to recruitment, retention and employee health and satisfaction.
- 92% of employees who volunteer through their workplace report higher rates of emotional and physical wellness.
- 88% of employees who volunteer through Corporate Social Responsibility programs report increased networking and development opportunities.
- 66% of employees report a greater commitment to their employer as a result of participating in CSR programs.
Employee participation in Corporate Social Responsibility programs also increases employee engagement. Gallup estimates that unengaged employees cost $350 Billion per year.
- 87% of employees who participate in a company’s CSR program report a higher level of engagement.
- Companies who’s employees are more engaged than not report a 16% increase in profitability.
Developing a strong Corporate Social Responsibility program is a true win-win. Actually, it might be a win-win-win. Not only will your company appeal to socially conscious consumers and employees, but you get to change the world! The real key is transparency. Build transparency into your Corporate Social Responsibility platform to engage the community, consumers, and employees alike.
Believe it or not, it’s not all as overwhelming as it sounds. At Project Helping, we understand the benefits of a Corporate Social Responsibility program. We also believe it should be fun, engaging, and easy to build your program. So we built a powerful, unique and comprehensive Corporate Social Responsibility platform called KyndHub. KyndHub allows you to easily implement, track and share your Corporate Social Responsibility program. You will engage your employees and customers like you never thought possible. Let’s get you started with KyndHub and make your social impact more IMPACTFUL!